[PD] wiimote report

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Wed Apr 11 08:10:34 CEST 2012

On 04/09/2012 06:38 PM, Julian Brooks wrote:
> Apologies for dredging up old posts...
>
> Did we ever get one good/merged [wiimote]?
>
> Julian

Funny you asked. I made several releases of disis_wiimote since,
including making it output-compatible with vanilla wiimote. Also, the
latest version 0.9.0 has a working passthrough mode (MotionPlus +
Nunchuk at the same time). Documentation is still a bit basic regarding
this one, but it is also fairly straightforward (basically requires an
additional flag called togglePassthrough). This version requires custom
L2Ork version of cwiid library (also downloadable from the l2ork site)
which has a number of bug fixes and some fundamental changes to the way
the code works. NB: this library is not backwards compatible. One of
them includes complete auto-detection of extensions without having to
deal with separate flags for each of the extensions (with the exception
of the passthrough mode since that does some really unusual init things
from the hardware perspective that have warranted an entirely new thread
in libcwiid to deal with it). AFAIK this is currently the only FOSS
implementation that gives you working passthrough support.

My hope is to submit cwiid changes upstream soon...

http://l2ork.music.vt.edu/main/?page_id=56

Cheers!

--
Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A