[PD] why does PD round numbers? (in tables, in messageboxes, etc)

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Wed Apr 11 22:01:57 CEST 2012

Hi all -

this section 9.3.1 describes how to convert strings to numbers - but
isn't the real problem how Pd converts numbers to strings?

I think the ideal solution when the number of characters isn't an issue
is to specify that whatever prints out should be a string that, when
scanned using scanf("%f", ...)  (or scanf("%lf", ...)) returned the
exact 32-bit number.  I'm not 100% sure this is possible, since there might
be 32 bit values that scanf can't ever return, but I bet there's a
way to get really really close :)

Miller