[PD] [PD-announce] PuREST JSON Version 0.7.1 released

Thomas Mayer thomas at residuum.org
Sun Apr 15 00:19:19 CEST 2012

Hello,

I am happy to announce version 0.7.1 of PuREST JSON, Codename: cookie
monster on the couch [*].

PuREST JSON is a library for working with JSON data and communication
with RESTful HTTP webservices that use JSON data.

New in this release:
- You can now use cookie authentication, e.g. for secure communication
with a CouchDB, but it also works for any other implementation of HTTP
security with cookies, as long as the expected post data is in the
format "name=<username>&password=<password>", and only expects 1 cookie
on each request.

- [rest-json] has a third outlet, that reports the HTTP status of the
request. That enables you to react e.g. on HTTP status 403 and
re-authorize your connection.

See the help files, manuals and examples for details.

Github repository: https://github.com/residuum/PuRestJson
Debian package for i386:
https://github.com/downloads/residuum/PuRestJson/pd-purest-json_0.7.1_i386.deb

Have fun,
Thomas

PS: For those of you waiting for OAUTH: I am still planning to
implementing it, but I am not sure, if a general implementation is even
possible. But I will see to it.

[*] Well actually 0.7 was cookie monster on the couch, but it still had
two serious bug that I have fixed.
--
"As long as people kept worrying that the machines were taking over,
they wouldn't notice what was really happening. Which was that the