[PD] [GEM] pix_external, OS X 10.7

J Oliver jaime.oliver2 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 00:38:51 CEST 2012

>> Hi all
>
> hi jaime

Hi IOhannes,

>> 2) ./configure --enable-fat-binary=i386
>> Again it built ok, but now I got:
>>
>> /Users/joliver/Gem/extra/pix_example/pix_example.pd_darwin: dlopen(/Users/joliver/Gem/extra/pix_example/pix_example.pd_darwin, 10): Symbol not found: __ZN9CPPExternaSERKS_
>>   Referenced from: /Users/joliver/Gem/extra/pix_example/pix_example.pd_darwin
>>   Expected in: flat namespace
>>  in /Users/joliver/Gem/extra/pix_example/pix_example.pd_darwin
>>  pix_example
>> ... couldn't create
>>
>> Any Suggestions on how to solve this?
>>
> are you sure that Gem is loaded before you try to load pix_example?

Yes. Another Gem built in a 10.6 machine that works well otherwise. Pd reports loading it as usual:

GEM: Graphics Environment for Multimedia
GEM: ver: 0.92.2
GEM: compiled: Sep 21 2010

perhaps this version is too old?

> fgmasrd
> IOhannes
>
> PS: hoped to see you at lac...

Re:PS: I changed coasts and are now living in New York. Let me know if you're stopping by on your way back!

best,