[PD] MotorMix to PD

Rishabh Natarajan rishabh.natarajan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 01:12:50 CEST 2012

Thanks Cyrille and Pierre for replying to me.

@Pierre: I am definitely just a novice in pd, and so some of the
explanation you sent me seemed quite hard to follow for me :( I did read
the Motormix manual myself and found out, like you said, that it outputs 9
bits of information that only 7 need to actually be used to get the fader
information, but I've still no idea how to do that. I came across this
MIDIvice external for pd with specific support for Motormix but I'm not
able to use the makefile in that set of files to create the external
correctly. Also, there is an object written for Max to again deal
specifically with the Motormix. Is there any way to get this object to work
with pd? (Perhaps along the line of the cyclone library which holds most of
Max's objects)

@Cyrille:I will try the print object to see all the other values coming out
from moving the Motormix fader. I found that the faders started from number
32 onwards, but I'm not sure which of the ctlin's outlets to connect to the
vslider in the patch. I created an object ctlin with argument 32 and then
connected the leftmost outlet to the first vslider. With every movement of
the Motormix fader, the vslider kept jumping positions but either went back
to it's lowest value or just stuck to some other value. It never moved
along with the motormix fader. As for getting the motor to move the faders
using ctlout, I've not got to that stage yet but hopefully with your
advice, I will be able to achieve the movement.

I hope you guys (or anyone else) can help me out some more with this.

Thanks!
Rishabh