[PD] (OT) safely connect piezo transducer to soundcard as microphone

Matteo Sisti Sette matteosistisette at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 16:24:52 CEST 2012

On 04/21/2012 02:14 AM, richard duckworth wrote:
> Piezo mics should go through a very high impedance buffer stage.

Thank you very much, that was illuminating.

However for now I'm was looking for a simplistic solution without the
slightest care for sound quality, as I'm just using the signal to take
its envelope in order to detect knocks and the like.

But now I know why it sounds the way it sounds and that with an
appropriate high impedance buffer stage it can sound way better, the day
I'll need it :D