[PD] dollar arguments and iemguts

Mike Moser-Booth mmoserbooth at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 07:35:28 CEST 2012

What's up, list!

So I'm trying to update my gui abstractions now that iemguts is in
Pd-extended 0.43 by making some custom properties dialogs for them. One of
the things I'm looking to do is use [iem_r] and [iem_s] to set receive
names and send names for the inlets/outlets and "saving" them with
[canvasargs]. I'd like to be able to input something like "$0-inlet1" as a
receive name in a symbol box like you would with the normal Pd guis, but I
haven't had success with it. I've had no problems doing it without dollar
arguments. Has anyone found a way to do this?

.mmb

Mike Moser-Booth - mmoserbooth at gmail.com
Master's Student in Music Technology
Schulich School of Music, McGill University
Centre for Interdisciplinary Research in Music Media and Technology

"Words that make questions may not be questions at all." -- Neil deGrasse
Tyson