[PD] [Pd] Compile external with C++ compiler?

Joe White white.joe4 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 17:51:20 CEST 2012

Hi all,

Thought I might as well ask this here because you guys know everything :)

I'm writing an external to be built into an iOS app that's running Pd. The
catch is I need to interface with a C++ library within the external.

The external builds and runs fine if I'm using the C compiler (in Xcode)
but I can't access the C++ library functions. If I switch it to compile in
C++ (by changing the objective-c file from .m to .mm) then I can use the
C++ library functions but it complains that it can't find 'class_addmethod'

                          *'No matching function for call to
'class_addmethod'*

I've tried declaring the setup function as C code like Katja explains on
her site <http://www.katjaas.nl/pitchshift/soundtouch~.html>:

                          extern "C" void external_tilde_setup(void) { }
But that still didn't seem to work. I was also going through the list and
found this thread<http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2002-02/004485.html>
but
I'm not sure if it's the right approach. Plus I'm more of an audio guy than
programmer :)

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe