[PD] Sine Wave Compilation

Jonathan Siemasko zombiecontrol at gmail.com
Wed May 2 12:29:29 CEST 2012

> Strictly sticking to your constraint, every music I ever made in my life
> would fit the application. But then, I can't see the reasoning anymore
> for making a constraint at all.

This argument has been made before in other places I have posted this as
well.  Yes, I agree that the idea is quite open ended and really the
concept is the get artist to think outside the box and push themselves.  It
is up to each individual artist to decide for themselves what they consider
is fair and what is over the line.  Just because you could in theory
deconstruct the Amen break down to sine waves and resynthesis it does that
mean using that sample is fair game?  The first call for submissions was
actually about 2 weeks ago and we already have a number of entries.  I
think there is a potential challenge to it but each artist has to decide
for themselves where to draw the line on what is fair and what is not.  It
would be difficult to draw stricter guidelines because this is not only a
comp for PD or any other piece of software.

Thanks,
Jonathan