[PD] trying to track down a bug: Pd-extended 0.43-1 beta on Oneric 32 bit

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Wed May 2 15:33:24 CEST 2012

On May 2, 2012, at 2:47 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> On 2012-04-30 23:43, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>
>> This leads me to the question: are there any more 0.93 releases planned?  John's bug and the Mac OS X 1 frame video playback are show stoppers.  It seems that Pd-extended should just switch to the git master, hopefully that's not painful.
>>

> yes, i think there will be a 0.93.4 release somewhen pretty soon.

Ok, I'll keep Pd-extended's Gem using the 0.93 branch then.

> i (still) believe that john's bug can be closed now (whatever the issue
> with the Pd-extended build might be).
>
> @john: if you don't mind, would you care to check whether the 0.93
> branch has the issue fixed as well (current commitish there is
> 6dedf323d28)? (note: you might need to remove the
> abstractions/gemdefaultwindow.pd before being able to switch to that branch)

Pd-extended's Gem was up-to-date to the Gem 0.93 branch, except for the most recent three commits, which don't seem related to John's bug:

* open shader files as binary
* open shader files as binary (part2)
* help patch for [trapezoid]

I just committed those three.  So Pd-extended builds can be used to test this as well.

> and i don't think that the osx 1 frame video playback is a "show
> stopper", in a sense that mpg playback on OSx has probably always had
> this problem and afaict from the bug-report the problem does not appear
> with other file formats (at least .mov)

This bug is most definitely a new bug that does not affect Pd-extended 0.42.5 at all.  The videos also play fine in Quicktime and in Pd-extended 0.42.5.