[PD] [PD-announce] Incarnated Sound - USA Tour 2012

Marco Donnarumma devel at thesaddj.com
Thu May 3 10:33:16 CEST 2012

INCARNATED SOUND - USA TOUR 2012
Biophysical music, sonic flesh theory and body hacking courses.

~~~~~~~~

Dear all,
hoping it might be of your interest,
I'm sharing with you the schedule of the upcoming USA Tour.

I'll be performing, teaching and speaking with and about the Xth Sense in 5
cities on the East Coast.
See the planned events below, and feel free to get in touch if you happen
to be in the area.
http://marcodonnarumma.com/works/xth-sense/
http://marcodonnarumma.com/works/music-for-flesh-ii

For detailed information you're welcome to visit:
http://marcodonnarumma.com/calendar

You can still book a place for the Xth Sense workshop in New York at:
http://bit.ly/JEwto0

||| ACM - CHI 2012 Liveness
||| 5-10 May
||| Austin Conference Center, Texas

- Presentation “Xth Sense: recoding visceral embodiment”
Other presenters include Toby Harris, Maria Lantin and Leila Sujir, among
the others.

~~~~~~~~

||| They, Who Sound
||| 7 May
||| Avant Garden, 411 Westheimer, Houston, Texas.

- Performing “Music for Flesh II”, interactive music piece for enhanced
body.
- Performing “Nascent”, incarnated sound sculpture, US Premiere;

~~~~~~~~

||| Washington DC
||| 15 May
||| American University, Washington DC.

A night of Biophysical music with Marco Donnarumma.
- Performing “Music for Flesh II”;
- Performing “Nascent”;
- Open Workshop “Performing incarnated sound: the Xth Sense”.

~~~~~~~~

||| Tanaka/Donnarumma, Mobile and biophysical music
||| 18 May
||| Spectrum, 115 West 23rd Street #22, Manhattan, New York.

- Performing “Music for Flesh II”.
Also on stage Atau Tanaka with his mobile musical instruments.

~~~~~~~~

||| Xth Sense Workshop New York
||| 19-20 May
||| Harvestworks, Manhattan, New York.

- Workshop “Xth Sense, Biophysical Music”.
Hands-on training in augmentation of the body for musical performance.
Build your own low cost biosensing wearable device for muscle sounds.
Book a place at: http://bit.ly/JEwto0

~~~~~~~~

||| NIME Conference
||| 21-23 May
||| University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan.

- Performing “Music for Flesh II”;
- Poster “Music for Flesh II: informing interactive music performance with
the viscerality of the body system”

--
Marco Donnarumma
New Media + Sonic Arts Practitioner, Performer, Teacher, Director.