[PD] deep note in Pd

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Thu May 3 18:31:53 CEST 2012

I made a rather wandering blog entry on it here:
http://www.jonathanwilkes.net/?p=81

Basically I'm polling the frequency of each voice, but I'm also polling where each voice is on its

[hsl] journey from random to "Deep Note" (on a scale from 0 to 1).  At 0 the scope only shows MIDI

pitch data for the y, and evenly spaced distances for the x as a graph should be.  At 1, the scope shows
data for both y and x from a list that I built by drawing those letters with the mouse and saving the

result to a message box.  Between 0 and 1 it is a function of both values so that you get a nice

morphing animation from one domain to the other.

If you look at the particulars you'll find that I didn't pay any attention to the creation order of the

associated [send] objects and may actually be setting each scope element "x" with the value from

the previous one, but it doesn't matter in this case.

-Jonathan