[PD] for ivo - and others - re:mu integration of PD with Unity 3.5?

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Fri May 4 03:28:25 CEST 2012

I presume ivo == ico? ;-)

At any rate, the key is using the netsend/netreceive objects and
formatting messages the same way as the max patch does. The one thing
you won't be able to use is send textures via socket as that is tailored
specifcially towards jitter formatting of matrix/texture data. Other
than that, it should be straightforward implementation. I also have a
version lying around that I never got around to releasing that uses
jit.net.send/receive to avoid instabilities of 3rd-party netsend/receive
objects (they tend to crash things after a while). This however is not
an issue (AFAIK) with pd's versions of the same objects.

HTH

On 05/03/2012 08:46 PM, Scott R. Looney wrote:
> hey PD listers, my question is about the use of the mu 1.00 tools from
> DISIS for use in PD. these tools allow integration of the Unity game
> engine with Max/MSP and potentially PD according to the authors.
>
> i downloaded the demo which is very Max-oriented. is there a plan or
> sketch or some way of setting up communication with PD instead?
>
> i'm also waiting for information on how to use libpd as the sound
> engine for a Unity project. the developer of the game Fract, Henk
> Boom, was supposed to detail some bit about this soon, but curious if
> anyone on the list has ever used PD with the Unity game engine...
>
> any advice appreciated...
>
> scott

Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A
Composition, Music Technology
Director, DISIS Interactive Sound&  Intermedia Studio
Director, L2Ork Linux Laptop Orchestra
Assistant Director, CCTAD
Virginia Tech
Department of Music