[PD] for ivo - and others - re:mu integration of PD with Unity 3.5?

Scott R. Looney scottrlooney at gmail.com
Fri May 4 04:42:20 CEST 2012

sorry Ico (for some reason i though somebody mistyped - i should have just
checked some back posts). i didn't think Unity was friendly towards
straight C, but yes to Javascript, C# and Boo.

i'm mainly asking because i'm interested in a way that students can
experience adaptive audio at work in the Unity game environment. texture
sending and receiving is unimportant - it's mainly messages.

so essentially i just redo what i see in the max patch in a generic way
using PD objects. OK will give a port of your test patch a try...

thanks for the info!

i am also intrigued by the possibilities of using PD (libpd) as an audio
middleware engine, ala Fmod or Wwise. ideally something like Juce on top
doing a nice intuitive GUI with drag and drop elements. the advantage to
all this being that it would be free to use and not have a license fee like
the aforementioned do. i've worked a bit with Fmod and i can envision some
alternatives in terms of visual options. i have zero in the way of coding
experience of course, but i think the game market needs an open source
audio engine.

scott