[PD] what makes Pd-extended 0.43 so CPU-hungry?

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Sat May 5 22:16:51 CEST 2012

On 05/05/2012 03:58 PM, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:
> Have you compared with pd-l2ork in Debian?  Without doing any direct
> measurements, I seem to remember the pd-0.43-ext nightly build looking
> sluggish on my laptop when moving around GUI objects, which I didn't
> see with pd-l2ork. -Jonathan
That is because pd-l2ork does moving of objects using tcl/tk tags which
is *much* more efficient than trying to redraw them on every gui update,
particularly GOP objects. On my netbook (Atom) things are as smooth as
butter because of this, whereas they used to make larger patches
literally unresponsive.

Cheers!