[PD] Los Angeles Patching Circle, Etc.

Theron Trowbridge theron.trowbridge at gmail.com
Tue May 8 23:45:36 CEST 2012

The next pd-la patching circle will be on Sunday 13 May 2012 from 12-5 pm,
at CRASH Space (10526 Venice Blvd., Culver City, CA 90232).

We're planning on having some special guests and demonstrations, including
Chris McCormick Skyping in from Australia to talk about his new album.

The patching circle is an informal gathering of anyone who is interested in
patching languages (Pure Data, Max/MSP/Jitter, etc). Beginners and
experienced patchers welcome. Open to everyone – work on personal
professional projects, school work, or just patch quietly to yourself, in a
room full of other people patching patches and helping other people patch.

Open and free to all (donations to support CRASH Space are encouraged) –
come and bring your Pd, Max/MSP, and other noisy programming project to
work on.

The night before the patching circle (Saturday May 12th at 8 pm), we're
doing a Handmade Music L.A. event, which will feature some Pd-based
performances.  And other electronic and acoustic handmade musical
instruments and music.  More details on the CRASH Space blog:
http://blog.crashspace.org/2012/05/handmade-music/

On Wednesday, May 16th I'll be teaching a free introduction to Pd class at
CRASH Space.  This class is aimed at people who are brand new to Pd and
want to learn how to get started.  Space is limited, and signups are here:
http://store.crashspacela.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=47

Lastly, the previously discussed Miller Puckette MUS 171 class videos are
finally available for download.  There are 20 of them, and we've made
slight changes to them if you got a copy from the USB sticks that have
circulated (the main change is that the slates were fixed - they were all
the same)  You can download them here:
http://pd-la.info/pd-media/miller-puckette-mus171-videos/

-Theron
^