[PD] new disis_wiimote : undefined symbol: sys_flushtogui

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Tue May 8 01:41:10 CEST 2012

On 05/07/2012 07:33 PM, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:
> On 05/07/2012 07:06 PM, Benjah @ 01xy.fr wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> while trying to compile the new disis_wiimote with the L2Ork version
>> of CWiid library on ubuntu 10.04 against Pd extended 0.42.5 or Pd
>> 0.43.2, I get "disis_wiimote.pd_linux: undefined symbol:
>> sys_flushtogui" when trying to load the help patch
>> disis_wiimote-help.pd and the object is not created.
>> Any idea why ?
>
> Because pd-l2ork exposes this function to externals and default pd
> doesn't. Current disis_wiimote only works with pd-l2ork and with L2Ork
> version of CWiid library. In return, it provides features that no
> other FOSS external can, such as passthrough mode support and
> xrun-free bidirectional communication.
>
> HTH
>
> Ico

Forgot to mention, if using pd-l2ork is not an option (which it
shouldn't be, at least not on Linux since it is 100% backwards
compatible), you could comment out the line in the source containing the
said call as it is more of a cosmetic thing (it posts message to console
before trying to connect, otherwise, the text "press 1 and 2
simultaneously to connect..." due to threaded design ends up being
posted after the wiimote has connected.

HTH

>> thanks
>> Benjamin

Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A
Composition, Music Technology
Director, DISIS Interactive Sound&  Intermedia Studio
Director, L2Ork Linux Laptop Orchestra
Assistant Director, CCTAD
Virginia Tech
Department of Music