[PD] pure data midi autoconnect

James Mckernon jmckernon at gmail.com
Fri May 11 17:07:44 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could help me remove an irritating behaviour of
pure data which I've noticed lately. When running qjackctl, and selecting
'alsa midi' in pd to initialize its

it connects its output to all other midi inputs, and its input to all other
midi outputs (including through-midi on both sides, meaning it is
essentially sending midi to itself, as well as everything else.) This is
mildly irritating during normal usage, but is now becoming outright
unmanageable, as I am currently trying to write some scripts to
automatically set up my audio environment for live performance (including
midi and jack audio connections).

Can anyone suggest a way to supress this behaviour? Thanks.

n.b. Cross-posted this because I believe the subject concerns both lists.