[PD] pure data midi autoconnect

Claude Heiland-Allen claude at goto10.org
Fri May 11 18:55:29 CEST 2012

On 11/05/12 16:07, James Mckernon wrote:
> 'alsa midi' in pd to initialize its
>
> it connects its output to all other midi inputs, and its input to all other
> midi outputs (including through-midi on both sides, meaning it is
> essentially sending midi to itself, as well as everything else.)

> Can anyone suggest a way to supress this behaviour? Thanks.

I don't know if this still works in recent Pd, but it used to work to
tell Pd to have two (2) alsamidi ports, then none are autoconnected.

$ pd -alsamidi -mididev 1     # this autoconnects pd everywhere
$ pd -alsamidi -mididev 1,1   # 2 ports, and no autoconnections
$ pd -version
Pd version 0.42-6
compiled 08:43:13 Mar 19 2012

> n.b. Cross-posted this because I believe the subject concerns both lists.

Claude