[PD] [GEM] PS3eye in Ubuntu 12.04?

Jaime Oliver jaime.oliver2 at gmail.com
Sat May 12 10:49:52 CEST 2012

hi all,

does anyone have experience with the ps3eye in ubuntu using pd/gem?

I am trying out ubuntu for one of my systems and have the following issue.

I am able to control the frame rate, autogain and several other
features of the PS3eye camera from GUVCViewer, but I cannot do it from
GEM.

In GEM, when I open device 0 i get:

videoctl: device 0
info: proplist numread 13
info: proplist read Auto Gain float 1
info: proplist read Auto White Balance float 1
info: proplist read Brightness float 255
info: proplist read Contrast float 255
info: proplist read Exposure float 255
info: proplist read HFlip float 1
info: proplist read Light Frequency Filter float 1
info: proplist read Main Gain float 63
info: proplist read Sharpness float 63
info: proplist read VFlip float 1
info: proplist read bus_info symbol usb-0000:00:1d.7-5
info: proplist read card symbol USB Camera-B4.09.24.1
info: proplist read driver symbol ov534
info: proplist numwrite 10
info: proplist write Auto Gain float 1
info: proplist write Auto White Balance float 1
info: proplist write Brightness float 255
info: proplist write Contrast float 255
info: proplist write Exposure float 255
info: proplist write HFlip float 1
info: proplist write Light Frequency Filter float 1
info: proplist write Main Gain float 63
info: proplist write Sharpness float 63
info: proplist write VFlip float 1
v4l2: GEM: pix_video: Opened video connection 0xE

Could anyone suggest a way of controlling the camera so that GEM can
use higher frame rates?

best,

Jaime E Oliver LR

jo2357 at columbia.edu