[PD] interpolating between 2 streams

Martin Peach martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Wed May 16 15:16:03 CEST 2012

On 2012-05-16 06:32, ronni montoya wrote:
> Hi list, one question: i have 2 abstractions that are generating
> streams of data, ,how can i interpolate between this 2 streams? for
> example when my slider is the left then  the output is stream "a" and
> when my slider moves to the right it gradually convert into stream "b"
> .  Is there is an easy way for doing this?

Sounds like panning. The simple version is to multiply one stream by the
slider value and the other by the maximum slider value minus the slider
value, then divide both by the maximum slider value. So the easiest way
is to have your sliders go from zero to one.
If you want equal power pan you need to square the values first and then
take the square root afterwards.

Martin