[PD] Plugins Plugin error

András Murányi muranyia at gmail.com
Fri May 18 16:28:03 CEST 2012

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 12:47 PM, João Pais <jmmmpais at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> just to report an error while trying to initialize the Plugins Plugin in
> W7, with Pd-ext-0.43:
>

> -----------
> UNHANDLED ERROR: invalid command name ".menubar.media.preferences"
>    while executing
> "$mymenu add command -label [_ "Plugins..."] -command
> {create_plugins_window}"
>    ("uplevel" body line 177)
>    invoked from within
> "uplevel #0 $tclcode"
> FAILED TO LOAD C:/jmmmp/elektronik/pd-jmp/**INSTALLATION/plugins/plugins-*
> *plugin.tcl
> -----------

Thanks for the report!
I've uploaded a quick bugfix to adapt to the new menu structure: there is
no Media->Preferences (or Apple->Preferences) any more, so the plugin will
appear in Media (or Apple).

Please note that this version still uses the deprecated method of disabling
plugins by putting them in subdirectories called "disabled". This means
that new subdirectories called "disabled" will be created where file
permissions are sufficient. It will affect every user on the system.
A new version shall make use of the "::pd_guiprefs" system instead. I'll
try to give it a shot today or in the next days.

András