[PD] Current PMPD binaries for Win and Mac?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Fri May 18 17:20:16 CEST 2012

On May 18, 2012, at 10:28 AM, Nicolas Montgermont wrote:

> Le 18/05/12 16:12, Cyrille Henry a écrit :
>>

>> did anyone want to be involve maintaining pmpd for pdX, in order to include last version?
>>
> I can eventually do that but i'm not sure to understand how it works:
> when there is a modification in the main svn how should i push/commit it? Must I upload a tarball on the puredata.info website or must i commit it in the appropriated branch of pd-extended on the svn?
> or both?

The idea is to decentralize the development of Pd-extended as much as possible so that individual developers have as much flexibility as possible without slowing down the release cycle (its slow enough as it is...).

This is the basic overview of the process:

- A tag in SVN (i.e. tags/externals/pmpd
- a tarball on puredata.info/puredata
- make a release announcement and get some testers
- users can drop the pmpd libdir into the user-installed folder on their system, and Pd-extended will use that pmpd over the included version
- then once you have a solid release, copy to the pd-extended release branch, once it is setup

I just updated this doc with more info:
http://puredata.info/docs/developer/GettingIntoPdextended

The 0.43 release branch is closed to everything but bugfixes.  I can't even find the time to fix the remaining bugs as it is...

FYI, I'll remain the Debian maintainer for pd-pmpd as long as it sticks to the library template.  Those updates are entirely based on the tarballs that get posted to puredata.info/downloads.