[PD] OT: pd and strobe light

Jim Hickcox tango.mceffrie at gmail.com
Sat May 19 06:26:50 CEST 2012

Hey Flad.

I just built, ran, and tore down an installation where I was using Pd
to control an Enttec DMX USB Pro. It is certainly possible. Unless you
are using a PC, as far as I can tell, you will have to buy a separate
piece of control software, but on a machine running Windows you can do
it for free.

This guy is how: http://code.google.com/p/enttecosc/
That is the linkage. You need to install the Enttec software and
drivers, and then you install enttecosc, and you can call the DMX USB
Pro as a COM port (typically com3).

If you have more specific questions, I just spent a lot of time
hashing this out, so I might be able to help you. Also if you're
looking for pieces, the dude I was working for would probably happily
sell you the pieces cheaper than new. I can't help you with strobes,
though. I imagine all kinds of DJ strobes take DMX.

-Jim Hickcox
www.jimhickcox.com