[PD] closest frequency in scale

Pierre Massat pimassat at gmail.com
Wed May 23 09:41:07 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm not sure I got your question right, but one thing you can do is map the
output of your random number generator.
Say you get a random number ranging from 0 to 1and you want the frequency
to be between 200 Hz and 10KHz :
- multiply the random number by 10000 - 200 = 9800,
- then add 200.

You can change the two boundaries between two random numbers.

Pierre.