[PD] Mouse data without Xorg boundaries

Tyler Leavitt thecryoflove at gmail.com
Wed May 23 18:19:43 CEST 2012

Hello list,

Not sure if the title explains it concisely enough, but I'm looking to get
mouse data without the screen limits of X. So basically when I drag the
mouse to the far-right boundary of the screen and continue dragging, though
my pointer stays the same on the screen, obviously there is still data
being sent from the optical mouse to the comp that states I am moving
right. How can I get this data? I'm mounting an optical mouse upside down
under a wheel and I want to read that data. I thought MouseState from
cyclone libs would give me this with the "delta" x and y, but those are
confined to Xorg's limits as well. Any ideas? I don't feel confident in
hacking mouse drivers without guidance....

Thanks,
Tyler