[PD] call for testers

Andrew Faraday jbturgid at hotmail.com
Tue May 29 10:54:42 CEST 2012

Hey Guys

I've got a small side-project I've been working on which uses ruby and pure data to convert strings of text into musical sequences. It's nice to hear patterns in text as opposed to looking for them so it's almost certainly of interest to most pure data users.

What's more, just this week I've managed to successfully plug it in to the twitter streaming API, so you can hear tweets from a particular search in real-time.

Either way, at the moment it should be usable by anyone using linux or mac os and proficient with the command line and git.

it's all stored at https://www.github.com/AJFaraday/Text-to-music, please give it a try and let me know

a: if it works on your system, which errors you get etc
b: what do you think of the project, how could it be improved?
c: What would you like to see done with it? what sources of text could be sonified in this way?

Thanks in advance

Andrew Faraday