[PD] gemwin frame rate limit?

William Brent william.brent at gmail.com
Wed May 30 21:15:07 CEST 2012

Hi list,

I'm trying to get the fastest possible frame rate from GEM, and seem
to be hitting a limit of 60fps.  Is this a known limit?  I searched
the documentation and pd-list archives, but maybe I'm missing
something.  The final application I'm working on is video tracking,
but here's a test patch with nothing more than a gemwin and a counter
incremented by the gemhead.  With a frame rate of 90 for the gemwin,
it takes exactly 3 seconds to get the counter up to 180, when it
should only take 2 seconds.  At a frame rate of 60, it takes the
expected 2 seconds to get the counter to 120.

I'm running this with Pd-0.43-2 and GEM 0.93.3 on Ubuntu 12.04 using
the -noaudio flag.  I get the same results on Mac OS 10.6.8.

--
William Brent
www.williambrent.com

“Great minds flock together”
Conflations: conversational idiom for the 21st century

www.conflations.com