[PD] Plugins Plugin error

András Murányi muranyia at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 02:09:56 CEST 2012

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 4:55 PM, João Pais <jmmmpais at googlemail.com> wrote:

>  Thanks for the report!
>> I've uploaded a quick bugfix to adapt to the new menu structure: there is
>> no Media->Preferences (or Apple->Preferences) any more, so the plugin will
>> appear in Media (or Apple).
>>
>> Please note that this version still uses the deprecated method of
>> disabling
>> plugins by putting them in subdirectories called "disabled". This means
>> that new subdirectories called "disabled" will be created where file
>> permissions are sufficient. It will affect every user on the system.
>> A new version shall make use of the "::pd_guiprefs" system instead. I'll
>> try to give it a shot today or in the next days.
>>

> so you mean, it pays up to wait for it, then? I'm new to 0.43, and I put
> the plugins in a folder in my electronic section, away from windows'
> standard system/user folders.
>
> João

Well i guess it doesn't pay up to wait anymore :)
The pd_guiprefs mechanism is a tiny bit less handy than I expected so this
will still take some more time for me.
In the meantime I suggest that you get the oldstyle, but hopefully working
version at
http://puredata.info/downloads/plugins-plugin/releases/0.1.20120518 (of
course if you can live with those extra directories).

András