[PD] animating abstractions and calculating distance between them

Marian Weger mail at marianweger.com
Mon Jun 4 22:00:55 CEST 2012

how do you edit your patch while the objects are moving?

i think it would be much more practicable to separate the graphical
animation from the signal processing.
i.e. make a nice anmation in gem, with moving objects
and make abstractions that do neither move nor connect by wires, but
only toggle sends and receives to the others, according to your
graphical animation.

if you know the positions of your moving objects, good old pythagoras
will tell you the distance...

cheers,
marian