[PD] settable receive again

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 8 19:15:11 CEST 2012

----- Original Message -----

That probably wasn't clear.  I don't want [symbol parent-$0-$1]; inside my
abstractions I want the parent $0 prefixed to $1 as the symbol.  In other
words, my abstractions make it so that I don't have to type "$0-" in every
s/r pair where I want canvas locality which as I said is most of the cases
by far.  (My abstractions do other stuff which I wrote about in the nonlocal
scope thread, but that isn't important to this discussion.)

> anyway, if you really in need for a settable send and a settable receive, you
> can always use prepends and route that are both settable.
> see small attached abstraction.

I think you are stuck for two reasons
1) [r setable_send_receive] is global.  I want the parent $0 in front of it so that
my abstraction symbols don't clash with other abstractions.
2) Your example filters messages in a way that s/r doesn't.  It's possible to hack
around this using three extra objects.  It is also possible to get the arguments of
an abstraction in Pd Vanilla.  With the former, I'd rather send a single message to
an inlet and be done.

-Jonathan