[PD] text to sound

Alexandre Lard alexandre.lard at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 23:27:43 CEST 2012

Hello,

I did something last year, based on a patch by Philippe Boisnard.
It's some kind of a typewriter.
The patch can read a textfile (and only that) and send each letter to
different selectors.
Each letter is associated to a number which is also turned into a frequency
using [mtof]
And then ...
In fact with this patch, once who are able to select each letter, you can
do anything you want with it.

Here is a sample.
Tell me if you want to have a closer look to the patch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HX7h12_Tg64

Hope it can be useful.

2012/6/11 Matthias Kronlachner <m.kronlachner at student.tugraz.at>

>  there is also one for espeak library which is quite nice because you can
> easily change pronunciation (voice) and pitch.
>
> http://github.com/kronihias/espeak
> http://espeak.sourceforge.net
>
> matthias
>
> Am 11.06.12 15:59, schrieb Bryan Jurish:
>
> there are at least 2 pd interfaces to the flite tts library out there, 1 in svn under ecternals/moocow. there's also ratts, available from ling.uni-potsdam.de/~moocow/projects/pd <http://ling.uni-potsdam.de/%7Emoocow/projects/pd>
>
> marmosets, -bryan

Alexandre Lard

http://www.alexandrelard.fr
http://www.alexandrelard.fr/photographie