[PD] ipoke~ ?

Charles Henry czhenry at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 23:41:21 CEST 2012

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 3:27 PM, Matt Barber <brbrofsvl at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure I understand this - I assume you mean "very small
> increments in the written table." So lets say you're going to try to
> write a whole 64-sample input block to between indices 10 and 11 of
> the table. If you're writing 4 samples each time, what you end up with
> is not cpu overload, but just four samples with possibly a very high
> amplitude, depending upon the nature of the signal. And actually, if
> you think about this with regard to the delay line, this would be what
> would happen if the sound source were moving toward a microphone at or
> near the speed of sound, so the "very high amplitude" would in effect
> be a digital "sonic boom."
>
> Matt

I think you'll need to apply a scaling factor so that samples that
accumulate values over a short interval will not blow up.  I've been
reading your discussion, and it looks like a really fun math problem.

I'm stuck wrangling servers and cultivating my ulcer for now... but I
hope I can find some time to study it with you soon.

Chuck