[PD] GEM 64 bit?

m.e.grimm megrimm at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 16:51:28 CEST 2012

hello,

i was working on this some this past spring when i had time and was
putting some office hours in at a desk but have run our of time
lately. i agree it would be very nice to get this finished up.

so far i have gem compiled for 64 bit using:
imageMAGICK plugin for images
filmGMERLIN plugin for film
videoVLC for built in iSight

i can help you compile it this way if you are interested? it is not
like this in the autobuilds.

I also started to write the image plugin in apples native COCOA...
this would be imageCOCOA plugin. I did not get far because i have just
been teaching myself C/C++/Objective-C and because I'm old its a steep
learning curve having no formal computer training. that said my
initial starts were scrapped and i now  just have some barebones code
here for imageCOCOA:

https://github.com/megrimm/imageCOCOA

the film and vid would be using apples newer quicktime framework ... QTKIT

so basically imageCOCOA, filmQTKIT, and videoQTKIT have to be written....

anyone want to help me? in into doing it but I would definitely need
help due to some harsh time constraints, etc.

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 5:05 AM, Eduardo Flores Abad
<mail at eduardoflores.de> wrote:
> Hi IOhannes,
>
> I read in the Pd-Documentation, that the complete 64-bit support for
> Pd-extended on Mac OS X is ready, but except Gem.  I would like to know, if
> you plan to make in the next time period a 64 bit support?
>
> Thank you for your answer,
>
> Eduardo
>
> www.eduardoflores.de

m.e.grimm | m.f.a | ed.m.