[PD] Behringer bcf 2000

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Sun Jun 24 15:43:04 CEST 2012

On 06/24/2012 06:50 AM, Simon Wise wrote:
> On 24/06/12 11:37, Nick Arner wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Has anyone used the Behringer bcf
>> 2000<http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/BCF2000>with PD?
>> Considering buying for use with Ableton, wondering if it is easy
>> to implament with patches in PD.
>
> works well with Pd ... just use the standard midi setting in the bcf,
> you can then set and store many different presets in the bcf to use in
> Pd ... the motor drives work fine, the 14 bit resolution options are
> useful, so are the different encoder options, the menu system takes a
> little getting use to since there are so many choices but after that is
> quite useful.

yup, i second that, having used both the bcf and the bcr a lot.
very good value for the money. here are the drawbacks:

* very loud fader motors, so midi feedback creates quite a racket...
* not very precise faders (correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't think
you'll ever get 14bits of resolution from them, even though they can
emulate this mode)
* it's quite bulky and heavy.

still, at that price point, who gets to complain?

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487

Tonmeister (VDT)

http://stackingdwarves.net