[PD] pix_film + incrementing frame number = blurring

Iain Mott mott at reverberant.com
Tue Jul 3 03:20:08 CEST 2012

Thanks Chris and Olivier. I tried your suggestions (mjpeg conversion and
keyframes on each frame) however they didn't seem to make much of a
difference. I did get an improvement after recompiling GEM and adding
some extra libraries before the config step. Playback is still proving
too jittery with some images such as slowly rising smoke (which plays
fine in vlc).

About the encoding settings: it is someone else that is encoding the
video so i'm not sure about the settings. I can ask for the videos to be
re-encoded - but will continue to try and convert the files to see what
works.

I've attached a print out of the configuration output when compiling GEM
- if this suggests anything to you, please let me know.

Thanks again,

Iain