[PD] ipoke~ ?

Julian Brooks jbeezez at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 11:16:26 CEST 2012

Dear P.A.,

Thank you for the kind offer to make the source code of your Max/MSP
external [iPoke~] available for a port to Pd.

The source code will be shared amongst a small group of interested and able
Pd coders who have been contributing to the discussion on the Pd-list
('[PD] ipoke~?') working towards a proposed new object (current working
title [tabwrite4~]).  Porting [iPoke~] and being able to understand how you
have managed to resolve some of the issues we currently face (with all due
credit), would be fundamental towards attempting to solve this very
interesting conundrum.

Currently we have not discussed some of the various important practical
issues such as licensing and where and by whom this new object would be
maintained.  Obviously this is something that can only be resolved with
your (and presumably Alex's) input.

Our first aim would be to create a robust and cross-platform [iPoke~] which
would submit to all of our high standards.

It has been suggested that in keeping with a strategy of clear and open
communication we keep this discussion 'on-list' so please feel free to
respond in kind, or not.

Very best wishes and looking forward to hearing from you soon.