[PD] first trial,. but no sound

Iain Mott mott at reverberant.com
Tue Jul 3 18:33:34 CEST 2012

Hi there - If you wish to use jack, first check that qjackctl is
actually started and running properly (you can click on the "Messages"
button to see if something is wrong), then when you launch Pd from a
terminal, make sure you have included the "-jack" flag in the command
line. Yes, you'll need to check the DSP box. Can you copy the command
line output of Pd and post it to the list (and also any print out from
the main Pd window)? It might show what is wrong.

What audio patch are you testing? Have you tried the "Test audio and
MIDI" patch? In my version of Pd this can be found under the "Media"
menu.

Cheers, Iain