[PD] first trial,. but no sound

Thomas Mayer thomas at residuum.org
Fri Jul 6 00:16:13 CEST 2012

Hi Stefan,

On 05.07.2012 17:42, Stefan Thomas wrote:
> Dear Kaj,
> thanks for Your help.
> I've installed the lowlatency kernel and I've also reinstalled qjackctl and
> pd, from the ubuntu repositorys.
> But I still do have the problem, that I don't hear any sound.
> I opened Your patch signal-example and I can see the "cables".
> But I can't hear any sound!
> I don't have the option "compute" audio.
> When I click DSP, nothing happens.
> Shall I install a newer or older version from source?

does any other Jack enabled application produce any sound? You could try
something like amsynth, qsynth or hydrogen just to test, if it is
problem with Pd or your Jack configuration.

Best regards,
Thomas
--
"Theoretically, [the amount of money in circulation] is watched
carefully by clever, serious economists. In practice, all the world's