[PD] running Pd with a timer for an installation?

Richie Cyngler glitchpop at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 08:43:03 CEST 2012

Hi All,

I'm planning on using Pd for an installation in Melbourne in a couple of
weeks. It's running fine, Pduino working, sensors working. I'm just
wondering is there is a object (or series) of objects I can use to "power
down" the patch, or even kill Pd, at a designated time. The installation
will run into the night for a week, I'll be there to start it up each night
but not to shut it down. I'm probably running on OSX, windows may be an
option. A sleep or shutdown timer for the OS would be very useful too,
seems odd these are not standard.

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot

--