[PD] running Pd with a timer for an installation?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Jul 9 14:43:17 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 09, 2012 at 08:44:11PM +1000, Richie Cyngler wrote:
> However if I want to kill Pd first is [realtime] the best object to use for
> a scheduled event (in this case quitting Pd) like this?

No, [realtime] is just a stopwatch for elapsed time, similar to [timer]. It's not a clock.

If you want to quit Pd at a certain time, [date] from the zexy library is fine,
or you can use your operating system's scheduling mechanisms to start a little
script to quit Pd gracefully via "pdsend" and a [netreceive] in your patch.

Ciao
--
 Frank Barknecht            Do You RjDj.me?          _ ______footils.org__