[PD] Reading a specific image from [pix_buffer] and saving it using [pix_write]

Seiichiro MATSUMURA sei at low-tech-ism.com
Tue Jul 10 14:03:15 CEST 2012

Hi IOhannes,

Thanks for your quick reply.

> i'm pretty suzre, that the resolution of the image does not change,
> even on OSX.
> with chnaged "color space", do you mean that the colors are stored in
> the wrong order? or do you mean that your YUV pix ends up as an ARGB
> image?

The attached picture named "test.jpg" is what I saved using the
attached patch. The original pict in a buffer is like right hand side
of another attached picture "screenshot_gemwin.jpg". Somehow colors
are changed, the width become half and a picture itself is doubled.
This is what I meant changing "color space" and "resolution".
Is this not happening on your OSX?
With my machine, this phenomena happens not only on OSX lion but also
10.6.8 Snow Leopard.

> are you only told that it is CPU-consumptive, or do you experience any
> actual problems?

In my case this time, I don't face the CPU-consumptive problem yet,
because I need to play back and save only 16 frimes from buffers of
pix_buffer.
Your suggestion patch is one of solutions if I only save few specific frames.
However in my another future project, I would like to record longer
movie from pix_video and save all frames, it would be more than 1000
to 2000 frames.
I am just wondering it would work fine with [pix_rgba] conversion
beside regarding the help file description and the past articles on ML
as;
http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/gem-dev/2009-03/003895.html

> so, which version of Gem are you using?

I am using GEM: ver: 0.92.3.

> which image-writing backends are installed (Gem should printout
> something like "Image saving support: QuickTime")

The printout should be come out on Pd window? There is no printout
when saving a frame of pix_buffer. How can I get it?

Cheers,

Sei

--
Seiichiro Matsumura