[PD] Weird object initialization, [list length] was symbol in disguise

Kaj Ailomaa kaj.ailomaa at mousike.me
Wed Jul 11 23:01:25 CEST 2012

On Wed, 2012-07-11 at 20:33 +0200, Kaj Ailomaa wrote:
> I had a strange problem with a patch recently.
> [list length] was not outputting numbers, but the message "symbol".
> Also, another [list] object was missing it's right inlet, and had become
> disconnected.
>
> After manually replacing those objects with "new" ones, they initialized
> normally, and when I reopen the patch all is fine.
>
> How did this happen?

If I had been a bit more quick thinking, I would have kept the patch as
reference, but unfortunately, I made the changes and then saved over the
malfunctioning patch (being just focused on getting the patch to work).
So, unfortunately, I have nothing to support my claims.

Just wondering if I am the only one who has had this behavior

--
   kaj.ailomaa at mousike.me