[PD] list-abs

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Jul 13 09:59:32 CEST 2012

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 06:18:46PM +0200, João Pais wrote:
> I think this abstraction doesn't load, because it has a conflict with the
> folder(library) name. writing [list-abs/list-abs] works out well.
> does this happen with other libraries, also with externals or just with
> abstractions? never noticed.

As far as I remember it is related to some kind of bug in Pd-extended or the
[import] external or the libdir format or so, which fail when a libdir contains
an abstraction that has the same name as the libdir. For the same reason the
sssad abstraction was banned from Pd-extended in the past. Maybe that has
changed now.

Personally I believe, a library format where you cannot use the same name for
an object as the library's name is a flawed format. Anyway as the [list]-abs
collection is a collection of abstractions, there is no need to use "-lib" to
load it, use "-path" instead.

Ciao
--
 Frank Barknecht            Do You RjDj.me?          _ ______footils.org__