[PD] Reading a specific image from [pix_buffer] and saving it using [pix_write]

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Jul 13 21:18:33 CEST 2012

On 07/10/2012 02:03 PM, Seiichiro MATSUMURA wrote:

> The attached picture named "test.jpg" is what I saved using the
> attached patch. The original pict in a buffer is like right hand side
> of another attached picture "screenshot_gemwin.jpg". Somehow colors

for starters, the "test.jpg", is really a TIFF image.
so it seems that the Gem is even choosing the wrong image type.

> are changed, the width become half and a picture itself is doubled.
> This is what I meant changing "color space" and "resolution".

looks like a bug.

> Is this not happening on your OSX?

my OSX is called linux.

> I am using GEM: ver: 0.92.3.
>
>> which image-writing backends are installed (Gem should printout
>> something like "Image saving support: QuickTime")
>
> The printout should be come out on Pd window? There is no printout
> when saving a frame of pix_buffer. How can I get it?

installing a recent version of Gem.
the last stable version of Gem is 0.93.3, and since Gem has a slow
release cycle, this means that 0.92.3 is really old.

fgmadr
IOhannes