[PD] nport configuration with pure data

Simon Wise simonzwise at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 16:27:46 CEST 2012

On 14/07/12 17:46, Pagano, Patrick wrote:
> I have that working and com3 through 18 -- it's a 16 port one show up, but I
> am wondering how to convert/send the commands into the machine
> language/bits/calls to control the devices.

how are you connecting the projectors to the serial ports?

unless they have serial ports to control them then you will need some hardware
in between ... if they do have serial ports you'll need the control protocol
they use .. from the pd side of things [comport] should be able to send the
data, once you know what needs to be sent.

While you are setting up and testing it can help to connect a terminal to the
port, depending on how the receiving end is behaving, but [comport] works fine
on the Pd end. I haven't done it for a few years, but it should still work.

Simon