[PD] +=~ object for pd

Simon Iten itensimon at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 23:26:12 CEST 2012

hi list,

i have a hard time getting a max patch ported to pd.
the one  object in max that bugs me is a signal accumulator. [+=~] the object adds all the values it receives and can be reset with a signal (in my case a pulse)
is there an equivalent in pd? i can't seem to find one.

i try to create some kind of ramped up signal that gets reset everytime a pulse arrives. this gives me a sawtooth-like wave, the amplitude is determined by the frequency of the pulse.
lower frequency of the pulse gives higher amplitude and vice versa. the important part is, that everything has to be done at signal rate, no messages :-)

here is how it looks and works in max/msp:

[sig~ 1]     pulsesignal
       \    /
       [+=~]

        [/~ 44100] (divided by current samplerate)

	sawtooth with amplitude depending on frequency of the pulse

is there a way to achieve this without the signal accumulator object? i feel like there should be an easy solution but i can't seem to find it. any hints?

thanks, simon