[PD] Read streaming from Pd ?

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 11:21:21 CEST 2012

Hi Pierre

Before you spend too much time figuring it out all by yourself:

[readanysf~] is still actively maintained and available in Debian and
derivatives as 'pd-readanysf' (unfortunately, the version in Ubuntu
12.04 is currently broken). It's based on the gmerlin-avdec  media
decoding library and thus supports many formats, protocols, encodings.

[oggamp~] and [mp3amp~] both support each only one encoding over http,
iirc. [oggamp~] hasn't been touched since 2004, the author of [mp3amp~]
said he doesn't want to be involved with Pd development anymore.
However, both [mp3amp~] and [oggamp~] are part of Pd-extended and run on
win/linux/mac, while [readanysf~] is/does not.

If you happen to run Ubuntu 12.04 and want to test [readanysf~], I might
be able to help out.

Roman