[PD] Pd Vanilla on Raspberry Pi

Michael Zacherl sdiy-mz01 at blauwurf.info
Fri Aug 10 15:23:56 CEST 2012

On 9.8.2012, at 23:25 , Pierre Massat wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> I'm happy to inform you (some of you may already know this) that PD vanilla works out of the box on my new raspberry pi running the standard Raspbian OS. A simple apt=get install worked like a charm, no need to tweek anything, I got the sound working right away. The method proposed by TedbOt recently doesn't seem to be necessary anymore. I'll try pd=extended sometime soon.

Hey,
did you get audio via the audio connector or via HDMI?
I compiled pd-extended from a daily snapshot on Raspbian and it works nicely via HDMI but the audio from the dedicated socket has glitches.
Performance is so-so, a modified bpq2 example works nicely (added noise and a LFO to modulate the filter's frequency),
but freeverb for instance nailed the cpu at 100% and left only smallest chunks of sound for the ear.
GEM only works with an external xserver (like the X11 I have on my Mac) since RPi doesn't come with GLX.
I could upload my package (where?) if you want, BTW - compile takes some hours and clogs the entire machine.
Michael.

--
feed your perception: http://blauwurf.at
http://soundcloud.com/noiseconformist