[PD] MIDI not working

Joshan Mahmud joshan.mahmud at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 20:23:40 CEST 2012

Hi all

This is my first post so apologise if this is the wrong list / silly
mistake.

I've been using Max/MSP and have only just started using Pure Data and I'm
having a basic issue with midi.  I would like to perform a simple:

[makenote 80 500] -> [noteout 1]

combo and I'm hearing anything.  I've set up my MIDI settings such that:
input device 1: IAC Driver IAC Bus 1
output devie 1: IAC Driver IAC Bus 1

Midi works fine with Max/MSP and the same set of objects (and parameters)
work as expected.

I just want to create an algorithmic composition but only need to generate
midi piano notes.

If anyone can help that'd be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Joshan